I have been a professional communicator for more than 30 years, and I started Spiher Communications to help people who wonder why their websites aren’t more successful – their sites aren’t doing what they hoped they would do or they would like them to be more effective.
A major key to online success is strong, persuasive content, and Spiher Communications specializes in optimizing web content for small businesses or non-profit organizations.
In the past 15 years, I have gained a lot of experience writing web content and managing web projects. To improve my knowledge and skills in these areas, I completed training as an online copyrighter and a general copywriter from the American Writers & Artists Institute, Delray Beach, Florida.
And as a professional communicator for more than 30 years, my overall experience includes public relations, writing, media relations, marketing, community relations, legislative relations, training development and management.
I have served in a variety of industries, both non-profit and profit sectors: on the national staff of a professional association, with the United States Navy, with a major university, with a major health care system, with two privately held corporations, and as an independent consultant.
I received a Master’s degree in public relations from American University, Washington, D.C. and a Bachelor’s degree in psychology from George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia.
My wide range of communications experience includes:
• Web development; Web management
• Public relations; promotion; community relations
• Writing & editing; published newsletters; magazine columnist
• Strategic marketing; membership marketing; business planning
• Media relations; crisis communications
• Employee and customer communications
• Training development; presentations and speeches
• Conducting surveys and focus groups
• Legislative relations; lobbying Congress; conducting grassroots campaigns; monitoring legislation
• Produced videotape presentations
• Social media
My extensive writing includes the following:
• Web content, including home pages; landing pages; information pages
• Strategic communication and marketing plans
• Newsletters; brochures; booklets
• Articles (short & feature); editorials; magazine column
• Posters and flyers; advertisements; collateral materials
• Fact sheets; talking points; Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents
• Customer, employee and stakeholder communications
• Reports and policy documents
• Training presentations and support materials
• Videotape scripts
• Congressional testimony